It has been a wonderful winter. It felt like “Christmas in July” in New York City and it was one of the only times I didn’t mind not going away somewhere tropical. January has only had a handful of mind-numbing, twenty degree days.
Instead of a beat the winter blues party, this winter is all about embracing the winter. Hands down, TLB throws the absolute best (little kids) parties (I am not just saying that because Greenlee won grand prize at their Halloween 2014 party). We were so excited to attend their first Winter Wonderland Party. They go all out with the theme and decorate wonderfully!
We got the memo and Greenlee wore her blue velvet pleated skirt and a pale sweatshirt with a glittery sheen to it. As usual, she looked super cute (if I do say so myself)
Greenlee was enamored by the chimes, so much so that she didn’t want the other kids to get a turn. Looks like I will be buying her a set for at home to play with.
She had fun doing arts and crafts and gluing snowflakes onto a grown.
We munched on gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free & delicious reindeer treats (recipe below) and healthy bags of popcorn.
It’s always a treat to get to play in TLB’s spectacular playroom downstairs.
Mark your calendars to join us at TLB’s upcoming Valentine’s Party on Friday, February 12. More information can be found on TLB Music’s event page. Their next semester of classes kicks off on January 19, 20016.
Do you have anything fun planned yet to celebrate Valentine’s weekend? It’s also President’s Day Weekend and Winter Break for NY School’s.
Carina’s Reindeer Treats (AKA Healthy Rice Krispie Treats)
- 6 cups brown rice cereal (I like Erewhon’s organic crispy brown rice cereal)
- 1 cup + 4 tbsp Wow Butter (This delicious toasted soy spread is nut-free, gluten free, vegan and high
- 3/4 tsp – 1 tsp sea salt Adjust depending upon your taste! I use just under 1 teaspoon.
- 5 oz dairy-free chocolate chips (2 kinds I love: Enjoy Life & Chocolate Dream)
- Use wax paper to line a brownie pan (for thicker squares) or a bigger pan for thinner squares. Set aside.
- Measure 6 cups of brown rice cereal into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a small pan, heat the Wow Butter, agave, vanilla extract and sea salt over very low heat. Stir as it heats, creating a smooth, creamy consistency.
- Pour the mixture over your brown rice cereal and stir well (scraping sides and bottom of bowl) to make sure all the rice is covered!
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Now, spread your mixture into your lined pan. If you have excess, roll into rice krispie balls!
- Cover with another sheet of wax paper and press down VERY firmly, spreading the mixture evenly to the edges.
- Refrigerate, covered with wax paper, for at least 2 hours before cutting. Enjoy! These rice krispies last up to a week in the refrigerator.